Monday 23 December 2013

The perfect card.

Well it's just 2 days until Christmas and I know my last few weeks have been spent making and wrapping numerous presents and cards. But I have to admit that they haven't all been for Christmas. Regardless of the time of year birthdays still come around and finding that perfect card for the occasion can be a daunting thing when the friend is hard to buy for. You know the ones - don't like florals, pastels, bright, cute, mushy verses, etc. So when invited to my friends 30th party on New Years Eve I knew I couldn't just go out and buy one as they all include the above elements. So off to my CTMH craft supplies I went and found all the pieces I needed to make a card that was 'her'.
And although not a mushy girl, her party has a tiara theme so it was a must this time.
Here is the end result:

Folded cards have become very popular of late and this is called an Easel Card. Very easy to make and traditionally in a 6" x 6" size. I've used a circle as my focal point when the card is propped up on the Adhesive Spring, but you can use many other shapes and a button or embellishment can be used in place of the Adhesive Spring if that works better for your project.
Below is the list of products that I used to make this card and if you would like some basic instructions on how to make this card or to attend a workshop in the New Year then feel free to leave a comment on this post and I'll get back to you.

Materials Used:


·         Lagoon Cardstock – X5762
·         For Always paper pack – X7165B
·         Silver Shimmer Trim – Z1799
·         Lagoon Ink – Z2195
·         Black Ink – Z2105
·         Swirls Around stamp – D1551
·         In The Moment stamp – C1565
·         Joyful Birthday stamp – B1419
·         Tombow - 1514
·         Black and Grey Assortment – Z1754
·         Adhesive Spring – Z1725
·         Dimensional Elements Mixed Shapes – Z1683
·         Acrylic Blocks: 2” x 6 ½” – Y1010; 2”x 3 ½” – Y1009
·         Micro Tip Scissors – Z1836
·         Paper Trimmer – X338
·         Sponge Dauber – Z726


You can order any of these on my CTMH site page by clicking on the icon to your right.

A very Merry Christmas to you and yours, and Happy Crafting in the New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment